Cookies for Breakfast? Why not! These Banana, Coconut and Dried Cherry Breakfast Cookies are gluten free and a fun way to start the day!
Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Dried Cherry Breakfast Cookies
2 cups (500 mL) Rice Chex* cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dried cherries or cranberries
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/3 cups/325 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) gluten-free vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
2. Crush cereal. In large bowl, mix crushed cereal, oats, coconut flakes, flaxseed, salt, pecans and dried cherries. In medium bowl, stir together bananas, coconut oil, honey and vanilla until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir until well mixed and dough forms.
3. Place 2 1/2-inch round cutter on cookie sheet. Press 3 tablespoons dough into cutter on cookie sheet. Carefully remove cutter. Repeat to use remaining dough.
4. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 20 minutes before removing to cool completely.
COOKING GLUTEN FREE: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.