Monday, August 24, 2009

(Orgasmic) Caramilk Fudge

My favourite chocolate bar of all time, hands down, is Cadbury's Caramilk Bar. I've enjoyed other bars, even loved some of them, but I always come back to the amazing milk chocolate & caramel combination that is Caramilk. I used to get one everyday after school in middle school on my way home from the bus. I can honestly say the majority of my babysitting funds in seventh grade went to the corner store.

I have no recollection as to how I stumbled upon this recipe, but I know I found it in a chatroom for wedding planning. This super easy microwave fudge will blow your mind. I am not even a fudge fan but I really have to restrain myself from lapsing into a sugar-coma with this stuff.

Try it and tell me it doesn't live up to it's name.
Print This Recipe

(Orgasmic) Caramilk Fudge

2 c. packed brown sugar
1 can condensed milk
3/4 c. butter
1 c. icing sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
6 caramilk bars

1. Microwave sugar, milk and butter for 8-9 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes
2. Add icing sugar and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer for 4 minutes
3. Be quick for next step, as mix hardens. Place 1/2 of the mixture into a well greased 8x8 pan
4. Lay the caramilk bars out to cover the fudge mixture
5. Pour the rest of the mixture on top and smooth with a spatula

Set aside 30 minutes.

I suggest you cut this in pretty small pieces, it's is very sweet but totally yummy!

enjoy,
Amanda

Print This Recipe

23 comments:

  1. Oh for sure, it's best eaten in tiny pieces or you'll be bouncing of the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously the best fudge I have ever tasted in my life! Orgasmic indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored this fudge! I can't wait to make it again, I had to divide it up between my parents, my sister and my brother to stop me from eating it all myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for the Caramilk Fudge recipe! The NurserySchoolMusical.ca cast & crew went absolutely mental for it!!

    Racheal McCaig

    ReplyDelete
  5. family is addicted... everyone loves your website too!

    Tina Bloob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm drooling!

    We don't have Cadbury Caramilk in the UK but we do have Cadbury Caramel which I think is pretty much the same.

    I might make this as a treat for my son's birthday!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my gosh... that sounds heavenly! I want to make this! I'll let you know if I do! Thanks for the recipe... you're AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The printout worked!! OMG...I am in heaven!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks good!!! I bet you could use whatever choc bar you like. hmm... milky way?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh me oh my! That does look amazing! (And it's only breakfast time!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh... i think i might make this to put in christmas baskets this year! excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL this is my recipe from Weddingbells and Frugalbride. I love it! I can't even remember how many years ago I posted it...most likely 5-6 as I've been married 6 years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanna
    find more info about this, anybody could?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tasted this recipe last weekend and nearly died of pleasure! So i decided to try out the recipe last night. Somehow, I 'fudged' up the easiest recipe on the planet.

    I wonder if you could answer a question for me about this recipe. Exactly how much condensed milk did you use? I know the recipe says  one can, but there are different can sizes. I used a standard can size (like a camp bells soup can, 354 ml) but I accidentally used evaporated milk (which I thought was the same thing as condensed milk!), so i ended up with sweet delicious soup. It didn't set at all! So I'm not sure if its the amount of milk I used, or the type. 

    ReplyDelete
  15.  evaporated milk is not the same thing.  Sweetened condensed milk only comes in 1 size and it very very think.  That is why it didn't turn out.  Good luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonder if anyone can tell me would this freeze well? I was thinking to do christmas tins but thought if I make ahead (week or so before christmas) if I should freeze

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes it does! Just put wax paper between the layers and it'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! I tried this recipe yesterday and it is to die for. The only thing is that some of the bottom fudge part let go from the caramilk bars. any suggestions?? Maybe I was suppose to press on the bars into the fudge

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kelly, sounds like you might of had a bit of delay between pouring in the fudge and placing the chocolate bars? You have to work quickly as it sets fast. Have the chocolate all unwrapped, stacked right next to the pan so as soon as it comes out of the microwave you pour in 1/2, lay out the chocolate and then top with the rest of the fudge. Speed is key to ensure everything sticks together. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kelly, sounds like you might of had a bit of delay between pouring in the fudge and placing the chocolate bars? You have to work quickly as it sets fast. Have the chocolate all unwrapped, stacked right next to the pan so as soon as it comes out of the microwave you pour in 1/2, lay out the chocolate and then top with the rest of the fudge. Speed is key to ensure everything sticks together. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So do you means 6 full bars of the chocolate or just 6 bars out of a full block of chocolate please??

    ReplyDelete
  22. So do you means 6 full bars of the chocolate or just 6 bars out of a full block of chocolate please??

    ReplyDelete