Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekly Meal Plan - May 17-23

As I said in my last post, this weekend I asked twitter what they'd like to see more of on my blog. I got some great requests and suggestions. One of them came from @jyetman. She read the post I did a while back on Meal Planning and wanted to see my meal plan every week. As a busy working wife and mother, having a plan to follow that had recipes to go with it is something she could really use. And I'm sure she's not the only one!

So I'm happy to share my family's meal plan with you all if anyone wants to follow it.



I base my week around our schedule and my shift-working husband's hours, so feel free to switch meals around (or for easier options for your lifestyle, like take-out pizza as opposed to homemade) so it better suits your schedule. I'm going to post a PDF of this week's schedule as well as a PDF of a blank meal plan that you can use if you want to move meals around or simply create your own!

I have some of these recipes up already and I'm working on getting the missing ones posted.

This Week's Plan (for download or print)

Blank Meal Plan (for download or print)


This Week's Recipes:


Chicken Parmesan
Pork Tenderloin - will post soon
Pizza Sauce
Roasted Chicken (if you don't have a beer can bbq roaster, this is delish!)
Risotto (with pictorial!)
Lasagna - will post soon

I hope this will help some of you get organized to beat the dinner time rush, inspire others to try new recipes or have more variety, or simply provide a glimpse into what meal time is like at our house!

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment