Saturday, December 19, 2009

Minty Mocha Latte


I love a little "Christmas cheer" in my mug around the holidays. The warmth spreading through me helps take the edge off, and warms me up as I'm perpetually cold from November until May! A friend of mine, the always delightful Jennifer Pershick, or as she's more commonly known on twitter, @Artsy_Jenny, has been raving for at least a week now about Bailey's new Mint flavoured liqueur, so when I stopped in at the LCBO today I grabbed a wee bottle to see what all the fuss was about. At the cash they had a bucket filled with bottles of a new flavour of Kalhua... Mocha! I had to have one of those too.

I raced home and started mixing and pouring and stirring and brewing. What I am now sipping on is divine! I had to share. I'm kind of guessing at the quantities of each element cause I don't measure booze... ever... I just pour until something inside says "that's probably enough". :)

Minty Mocha Latte

1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. brewed coffee, your fave will do
2 tbsp hot chocolate powder, I use Tim Horton's cause I love it!
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 oz. Mocha Kahlua
1 oz Mint Chocolate Bailey's
Whipped Cream
Chocolate Syrup

Instructions:

1. Brew your coffee to your desired strength.
2. Scald the milk in a pan over medium heat and add the vanilla and hot chocolate powder.
3. Pour the liqueurs into a mug and add the hot chocolate mixture and coffee.
4. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
5. Sit down, put your feet up, admire the lights on your Christmas tree and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds divine! Perfect for this snowy night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholly yum! Very nice blog and congrats on the foodie blogroll!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! May I add your blog to my site http://danceofspices.blogspot.com
    Thank you in advance. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Awesome. I can appreciate a girl that does not measure her booze!
    Your minty mocha latte looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog, very nice, stop by mine and get in on the free tea giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laxmi - sure you can!

    Pam - Thanks! I'm honoured to be included on it that's for sure!

    Velva - lol :)

    ReplyDelete