Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Best Dad on the Block bakes! Chocolate Chip Cookies


My husband is not a fan of dessert. He loves pumpkin pie, and 1 kind of cookie that I will blog about someday. Other than those two things, he stay away from sweets. Except when it comes to Chocolate Chip Cookies. He doesn't actually like the cookies though... just the dough. My hubs, the same guy who passes up dessert every night, goes insane for Chocolate Chip Cookie dough.

All it takes is for me to even mention chocolate chip cookies and the next thing I know he's in the kitchen asking me where the measuring cups are. Yes that's right, HE makes the dough. Hubs claims to be the best Chocolate Chip Cookie maker of all time, not that he'd really know cause he never eats the cooked product, but I can attest to the fact that they are quite yummy, and the dough is out of this world.

This recipe used to be on the back of the Crisco box years ago, they've altered their recipe but my husband swears by this version and only this version. Whether you eat the dough or the cooked cookies, these are pretty tasty cookies.

Print this recipe

Jason's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from Crisco circa 1995ish

1 c. Golden Crisco
1 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Cream together the Crisco, sugar and vanilla for 2 minutes.
3. Add eggs and beat for 1 minute or until thoroughly blended.
4. In another bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
5. Add flour mixture to Crisco mixture gradually and mix until just blended.
6. Add chocolate chips and mix to distribute.
7. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes.

Cookies will appear to be slightly under-done, let cool for 2-5 minutes on cookie sheet to complete cooking.

Print this recipe

enjoy,
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that cookie looks positively terrific. Wish I could reach thru my screen and grab one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SUCH a compliment, especially coming from the Repressed Pastry Chef herself! Wishing I could take credit for the cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling! That is one good looking cookie!

    ReplyDelete