Friday, June 26, 2009
Rocky Road Brownies
My mom buys the same woman's magazine weekly, and has for years. When I was about 14 I saw an ad for Baker's Chocolate that had me ripping the page out and stuffing into my mom's recipe binder in hopes I'd make it one day (mom was never much of a baker). The recipe was for Rocky Road Brownies. A rich fudgey brownie with nuts and topped with roasted miniature marshmallows and chocolate drizzle. I made them once and loved them!
A few days ago I stumbled upon the ad tucked into an old folder with my gazillion recipe books and I knew it was time to make these again. My memory of these hadn't faded, they were just as good the second time as the first. I sent them into work with my hubby and his co-workers loved them too. Give them a try and let me know if you think they're the yummiest brownies ever!
Baker's Best Fudgey Rocky Road Brownies
4 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
1/3 c. butter
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped almonds
2 c. miniature marshmallows
1 square Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
1. Melt 4 squares chocolate with butter over hot water, and cool.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat eggs and blend in sugar, chocolate/butter mixture and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour mixture.
5. Fold in nuts.
6. Spread into greased and floured 8 x 8 inch pan and bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes or until brownies pull away from the sides.
7. Sprinkle warm brownies wit marshmallows and broil under pre-heated broiler until golden brown.
8. Drizzle with 1 square melted chocolate. Let cool and cut with wet knife.
* Please excuse my pictures not doing the brownie justice, I was too eager to try one and cut them while still hot. They were delicious though!