Monday, April 13, 2009

S'mores Indoors!


I was out walking with the girls today and I could smell someone burning leaves and brush and it made me think of bonfires and how much I love S'mores. So off I headed home to make some!

There could very well be a recipe for something like these somewhere out in cyber-space but I decided to create my own and the result was very yummy! It's a take on Rice Krispie treats:

S'mores Indoors

40 marshmallows (1 bag)
3 tbps butter
1 tsp vanilla
6 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
250g bag of dark chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. Melt 2 tbps butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
4. Add cereal and mini chips and stir until combined.
5. Pour into greased 8"x14" pan and using your hands press into the dish. (If you wet your hands slightly this works better.)
6. Put dark chocolate chips and remaining tbsp of butter into a bowl and microwave until melted.
7. Spread melted chocolate over top of cereal mixture and smooth out covering the cereal.
8. Refrigerate until set.

1 comment:

  1. These look delish.  Was curious if they would freeze well.

    ReplyDelete