Saturday, August 2, 2014

Peanut Butter Cups



Ever just get a craving for something and have to have it, like, 2 minutes ago? Happens to me alllll the time. Unfortunately I rarely have the opportunity to jump up and run out the door for it. That's probably a good thing otherwise I'd be 700lbs and have my own show on TLC. 

Not everything I crave I can make a DIY version of, like my beloved Moscato wine *swoon*. Luckily, when I get a craving for peanut butter cups I can easily whip these up.


Peanut Butter Cups

1 c. Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 c. butter
1 c. icing sugar
1 1/2 c. Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 25 squares crushed)
2 cups chocolate chips or wafers (dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate all work, use your favourite)
2 tbsp butter 


Instructions: 

1. Combine peanut butter, butter and sugar in a bowl.
2. Fold in graham crumbs and mix well.
3. In a microwave safe dish hear the chocolate and butter for 30 seconds. Then stir. Repeat until chocolate is mostly melted (should only take 60-90 seconds). Continue stirring until chocolate is smooth.
4.Spoon a tablespoon of chocolate into the bottom of a muffin cup in a muffin tin. 
5. Spoon out 1 tbsp of the peanut butter mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disc and place in the muffin cup.
6. Spoon another tablespoon of chocolate over the peanut butter disc.
7. Tap the muffin tin on the counter to flood the chocolate down over the disc so it's smooth.
8. Chill until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment