Thursday, October 23, 2014

Crunchy Raw-Nola





I have become obsessed with a woman on instagram. If you're not following Joni Jane you need to start. Her pictures of food and Australia and her adorable son keep me checking her account every day. I'm a fan. 

One of the foods she makes is rawnola... uncooked granola. The lazy health nut in me loves how easy this is. You just toss everything in a blender and pulse for a few seconds! I made the recipe the way she makes it and I felt like it needed a bit of crunch, so I tweaked it for my taste buds by adding almonds and chia seeds. I've been eating it on everything! I especially love it on a bowl of sliced bananas with a bit of milk. It keeps me going all morning!


Crunchy Raw-Nola
1/2 cup raw oats
11 pitted medjool dates
1/2 cup of shredded dried coconut
1/2 cup raw almonds
2 tbsp chia seeds

1. Throw the first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse for a minute until the dates and almonds are broken up and the ingredients combine.
2. Add the chia seeds and pulse a few more times to combine.
3. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.

I have no idea how long it lasts as I can't keep it long enough to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment